I was fortunate enough to read 52 books in 2021. The main objectives for me to start reading more were as follows:
Know the world better - how things work, how people think and its impact on our lives.
Books that can change lives - While all the books helped me to be a better person than last year, books 10, 22, 23, 34 and 39 from the list below are life changing books as per me.
Time Management - By prioritising reading over other items, I was able to manage my time much better.
Developed writing as a habit - Writing helps structuring the thoughts. So after reading 30 books in 2020, I started writing about them. This is my first step towards writing.
Please read the following blogs to understand what helped me read more books. Also, small reviews of the books I read in 2020.
I hope my blog helps my readers and friends in developing reading as a habit and provides them with the benefits I have experienced.
Below is the list of 52 books I read. Please click on the title to get brief reviews of each of these books. Please click on Amazon links to get these books from Amazon.
2) The Dhandho Investor: The Low-Risk Value Method to High Returns by Mohnish Pabrai (4/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
4) Social Startup Success: How the Best Nonprofits Launch, Scale Up and Make a Difference by Kathleen Kelly Janus (4/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
5) Swipe to Unlock: The Primer on Technology and Business Strategy by Parth Detroja (4/5) (Amazon, Kindle)
7) Poor Economics: A Radical Rethinking of the Way to Fight Global Poverty by Abhijit V. Banerjee, Esther Duflo (5/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
9) The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company by Robert Iger (5/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
10) Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker (4/5)(Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
11) Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World by Scott Harrison (5/5) (Amazon, Audio Book)
12) Limitless: Core Techniques to Improve Performance, Productivity, and Focus by Jim Kwik (3/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
15) Reading with the Right Brain: Read Faster by Reading Ideas Instead of Just Words by David Butler (5/5) (Amazon, Kindle)
16) Big Billion Startup: The Untold Flipkart Story by Mihir Dalal (4/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
23) Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life by Puigcerver Garcia, Hector (4/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
24) Unbroken: An Olympian's Journey from Airman to Castaway to Captive by Laura Hillenbrand (5/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
26) No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention by Reed Hastings, Erin Meyer(4/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
29) The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution by Walter Isaacson (4/5) (Amazon, Kindle)
31) How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish (5/5) (Amazon, Kindle)
32) The Outsiders: Eight Unconventional CEOs and Their Radically Rational Blueprint for Success by William N. Thorndike Jr. (3/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)
33) Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek (4/5) (Amazon, Audio Book, Kindle)